Old 05-05-2023, 10:22 AM   #4840
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhilly View Post
How did you do this without damaging the solenoid? Edelbrock instructions say to not tamper with the Bypass Valve.

I have not checked it yet. I do hear loud hissing on start up but cannot tell where it is coming from. Did they send you a new one?

I don't believe a smoke test will damage the solenoid but I'm no expert. My car had a hissing sound that progressively got louder over time. I could definitely tell it was coming from the drivers side of the engine bay.

How is your idle? Is it high? If so another way to test it is pinching the vacuum line that runs to it or removing it completely and plugging it with your thumb and seeing if your idle drops a few rpm and is more stable.

As for the part I just went and brought it straight from Edelbrock it was $70. Probably could have gotten it for free if I really tried but, I just wanted the part asap.

Be fore warned if you do end up having to replace the bypass valve you will have to remove the supercharger to reinstall the upgraded version. The one they sell is V2 of the bypass valve. It is a lot bigger compared to V1 which you didn't have to remove the supercharger to install.

Last edited by brandonblt2; 05-05-2023 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Corrections
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote