View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 07:28 AM   #1
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New injectors + boost controller, car runs horrible

No way of data logging so have to go by explanation.

Before today I was running standard 6PSI boost on e85, car was very smooth and responsive, no issues anywhere.

Installed 1050ID injectors and a boost controller, tune was remapped on the spot to accomodate the larger injectors. Car had issues cranking, tune was modified and now car will crank and start however it’s pretty rough for the first 5 seconds of start up then is fine when the injectors switch over.
(He also played around the tune for slight pops which I think has contributed to my problems)

Symptoms
- huge pedal delay, slight pedal input doesn’t even register at all (didn’t have this at all during any of the other tune flashes previously)
- large fuel consumption, I’m accustomed to e85 however I just happened to take a photo of my fuel level before leaving the house which was just under half, and after a 15minute drive it is close to the quarter tank mark.
- weird boost stuttering when at partial throttle after taking a corner. Car jerks back and forth rapidly until i either press the pedal harder or take my foot off
- slow acceleration, I’m making 10PSI of boost (which is reflected on the boost controller reading) yet foot to the floor the acceleration is not reflective of 10psi. I am not exaggerating when I say the 6PSI acceleration was significantly faster, I have videoed pulls at the same speed/ gear and the difference is significant
The blow off sound and immediate torque feels greater than before however it seems like the power just flat lines
- heard the exhaust pop during WOT, (was not shifting when it happened) feel like that isn’t suppose to happen…

Can anyone give theories on these issues so I know what to tell my tuner to look for? I think he thinks I’m over exaggerating since he reckoned the car was fine when drove it for 10 minutes aside from the pedal sensitivity…
The car doesn’t feel good to drive at all and I’m worried somethings going to go wrong, I’ve turned the boost down back to 6 but still have to wait a week until my tuner will look at it
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote