View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 02:53 AM   #99
Pointmutation

Drives: 2016 ZC6
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskasim View Post
I struggle to get the 14mm flanged bolt out as well. I found that loosening the brake pedal support assembly makes the 14mm flanged bolt out and back in pretty easy.
Remove the red bolts and just loosen the green nuts as below picture.
Quick note, the above didn't work for me. Mine was all connected to the clutch pedal assembly or whatever it's called. Is this an LHD vs RHD difference or just a manual vs auto difference, not sure as I only have experience with my own vehicle (2016 BRZ, manual, LHD).

Finally fixed and replaced the dampener and lo and behold, no more rattling!! The green part was destroyed to bits. That damn bolt though, I had to just wiggle the EPS unit and boom, the bolt came out easily. Of course I had already fought with the bolt for an hour wiggling the steering wheel (instead of the EPS unit itself) and playing with the brake pedal assembly. Finally realized what if I stick my hand up there and grab the unit itself and bam, it rotated and the bolt popped out. FML. Rattling gone!!

Another tip, wear work gloves. There are some sharp edges down there that I got sliced on.