Old 04-23-2023, 12:48 AM   #13
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,070 Times in 778 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
You probably don’t need injectors unless you’re going e85 as you won’t be making enough power on 95 for it to be necessary. Just need to make sure your tuner is utilising the direct injection

Don’t know what kit you’re going for but assuming you’re getting a kit that maximises power potential I’d say max around 290 wheel horsepower on the best kind of regular petrol and then around 335-340 wheel hp on e85 before you’ll need a proper fuel pump and valvebody transmission mods

I don’t know where the notion that the auto transmission can’t handle more than 300 wheel hp comes from. As long as you add a transmission cooler and have a good tuner it will be fine handling almost as much power as what the stock motor can take.

Most of the high HP 86’s in Australia (talking 400-500whp) all have automatics with the stock transmission just with a valvebody mod. Sure they don’t last forever on those cars but the point is, it’s good enough to handle at least up to 350 wheel hp fairly reliably
yeah but he has only access to 95 ron, and euro 95 ron is worse than 98Ron... 290whp is impossible literally with 95ron

about injectors, it s 100% sure that he doesn t need them, a greddy will put out less than 0.5Bar of boost.. i have 1.1bar of boost with an HKS supercharger and still am with stock injectors
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote