View Single Post
Old 04-21-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
Teppka

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turbo for BRZ to run on 95RON and expected gains

I have automatic transmission 2020 BRZ. Was planing for Supercharger but in the European region I am it will cost over USD 8500 landed if not more (taxes, shipping etc). Hence I’m thinking about turbocharging. I discussed this with my tuner the custom setup. Probably will go with smaller turbo to have it start spinning sometimes at 1500 rpm as my understanding bigger turbo will deliver more in the upper rpm range but I want to eliminate torque dip and turbo lag. No plans to race/track the car, normal road use with casual pull ups. My goal is to get rid of torque dip and add ideally 100hp. Also it will be a good 1 stage setup ready for increased boost if I’ll decide to go with forged internals. I already installed custom catback exhaust with increased diameter. Will probably have to delete cat converter for higher flow on turbo. As per my research my understanding is on stock internals I should go with 7psi maximum. Gas we have is 95RON (East Europe). My question is what maximum boost should I go with to be safer with stock internals and what power gain I should expect on 95RON gas. I should also probably update injectors to allow more fuel.
Teppka is offline   Reply With Quote