Old 04-20-2023, 01:33 PM   #7149
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
I sent a huge puddle over my passenger and into the back seat in mid November 2018... Had to pull the rear seat cushion because of the pools of water. Even being garaged and below freezing a lot by spring it was all dry and no evidence of mold,even to someone rather allergic to mold. So I've proven it never happens to anyone.
He is referring to a thread where somebody at a shop left the windows open on a car and rain got in. It was immediately taken to a detailing shop and dried out.
Of course in typical car forum fashion the Clueless Brigade jumped in and said the car was ruined, should be totaled and insurance or the shop should by them a new one. Apparently none have ever owned a convertible or lived where it snows.

No rational talk of a bit of rain water not being an issue could prevail and of course they all got bent of of shape and went on the attack when it was even suggested to be OK. You want to guess who their fearless leader was in the battle? I thought it had been put aside when he returned but I guess not.
cjd (04-20-2023), Dadhawk (04-20-2023)