View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 03:12 PM   #5
IhaveBRZ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Drives: 2017 Silver BRZ 6MT
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I have to ask. Since you're listed as a CA resident. Are you keeping everything else in the exhaust stock? I'm only asking because I know CA has very strict noise levels and this uncatted header might be very loud if you pair it with certain exhaust combinations. Not to mention, emissions, it would fail visual test if they perform one. Unless of course I am wrong and it only applies to certain parts of CA.


I believe one of our former members does custom tunes for OFT, which I cannot recommend enough as he worked on my car and the results were amazing.
I'm keeping the rest of the exhaust stock. I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself. Most (all?) of the mods I'm doing to this car are purely functional, and AFAICT catback exhausts don't do anything but change the sound.

AFAIK all of CA is the same. I'll take it off to get the car smogged if I have to. Or move.
IhaveBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote