Old 04-04-2023, 06:35 PM   #478
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic

Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have zero sympathy for this guy or anybody else that relies on an oil pressure light to protect their engine.

IT IS CALLED AND IDIOT LIGHT FOR A REASON!
You see, I once came home, parked my car and across the streets I could see two girls peering into the engine bay of an old hyundai accent. They looked puzzled, so I went to see if I could help.

They told me they were looking for the dipstick since the oil change light came on...

The only oil light on those cars is pressure, so I asked them if it was the little red oil spout icon and they said yes. Pulled the dipstick... Dry. I told them "That's not the oil change light, that's the [no oil] light, WALK to the end of the street to the gas station, buy 3 bottles of the most ordinary oil they have and put those in here *point to fill cap* then drive it gently to your trusted auto shop and tell them the story"

Some cars will live once the light comes on, some will die before it comes on, some will be destroyed and still struggle to exist making every wrong noise you can imagine with not an oil light in sight, and you can't know which one you'll get until it happens, so that light if it ever comes on, is just an indicator of pasts misdeeds.
RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RZNT4R For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (04-04-2023), Dadhawk (04-05-2023), Opie (04-21-2023)