Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt
Cobb has FF working without hijacking a sensor input/table
We'll be fine. Please stop with the doom & gloom.
|
I see that according to your build thread that you aren't running ethanol, nor FI, so I can understand how this really wouldn't concern you at the moment, but I'm running both, and my tune is 100% MAF based, so I am perfectly within my right to bring this up as a concern.
Cobb isn't using ECUTEK, they use their own proprietary software, Accessport, a completely different
tool with slightly different features to do the job. And they don't specialize in this platform because they wanted to focus only on FI Subarus from factory and basically let all of the other existing tuning platforms run this roost. I don't plan on switching over to Cobb Accessport at this point especially now that they are being targeted as well by the EPA and holding off on support for flex fuel tuning, according to complaints I've read.
Here's what I've read on this particular subject:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/green-speed-updates-faqs/
Now if ECUTEK could integrate a feature that would allow us to connect a flex fuel ethanol content sensor to our ECU without hijacking the O2 or CPC sensor,
and allow us to tune using the MAF for its original intended purpose, then the problem would not be as bad as it appears it will be.
I'm curious if you know the details in how Cobb interfaces with the ethanol content sensor. Could you please explain here?