View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 12:43 AM   #5
Kulebrero
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Drives: GR86
Location: VA
Posts: 65
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangspeed View Post
You do not need Uber huge brakes for the car. I read the other thread. I swapped to the Brembo BM4 from CSG and optionally the rear Brembo GT kit. You don’t need the rears but I prefer fixed calipers. Fits my 6UL, though I wouldn’t run those wheels on track. They are my beater street wheels and they are kinda ridiculous thin.

You’ll barely be exercising the BM4 kit. Don’t even bother thinking about ducts. See my build thread for more details.

Attachment 219588

Current street setup

Attachment 219589
I am considering the BM4 kit. And I’m running the 17x9 6UL wheels on track…six days so far. I ran them in a Miata (only 200-300lbs lighter) without issues. Have you heard of anyone having problems with them on track? I’ll upgrade/change them if so.

Did you do any track days with your stock brakes? If so, how did it go?

I threw some RS4s on and went on track with the stock brakes. Got 2-3 laps before significant fade. Upgraded to Carbotech XP-10 pads and race fluids while keeping all else the same. Got 4ish laps before significant fade.

A lot of people seem to do well with just better pads. I definitely did not.

I ran the Miata on stock brakes and $80 pads for over 15 track days without issues. I sold the car with more than half the pads still left. I’m not doing anything differently with the 86 in terms of warming up and cooling down.

In short, I think I’m just rougher on brakes than most people on track in the 86. The BM4 will probably be sufficient, but not too much. It might be better to go big big and never worry about it again. Don’t know ☹️

What tracks do you run at?
Kulebrero is offline   Reply With Quote