NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,364 Times in 7,403 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
I saw similar (conflicting) reports on every tire I looked at, even on the same platform (although it seems (and makes sense) that heavier cars go through tires quicker). Hard numbers are hard to come by (no pun intended), but the general feel is fairly consistent - RS4 (and RS3 before it) "wear like iron", even though some people manage to go through a set in one weekend; A052/RE71 give good lap times for the first few and wear like butter (and still there are people that complain that they don't grip); etc. That's why I brought up the NT01 - it is consistently praised as a good HPDE tire - good wear, predictable and consistent.
Setup and driver also plays a huge role. Like the guy that just told me 4 days looks like could use quite a bit more negative camber, he sent me a picture of his when they were done. So maybe could have eeked another day out. I talked with another that said his were done at 6, and another that was at 6 and thought he could do one or two more. All on SC3R.

It's like when the 660 came out everyone saying it is like an RE71R that lasts longer and is more heat tolerant. Everyone local to me across a bunch of platforms didn't have that experience lol.
Espi (03-24-2023), Ohio Enthusiast (03-22-2023)