View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
NoHaveMSG
Senior Member
 
NoHaveMSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: Crapcan
Location: Oregon
Posts: 11,612
Thanks: 18,894
Thanked 16,899 Times in 7,691 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextcar View Post
IMHO, the most typical reason for engine failure for non-boosted engines on this car has historically been, and will continue to be:

The money shift.

I would be willing to bet that this single factor outweighs all the RTV issues as well all others combined. Factory defect rates on this car are in line with all modern car manufacturers, and forums tend to not be representative of overall market figures.
I disagree. As someone who runs around with groups of other twin owners who track, autoX, do TT/TA. Never seen an FA blow from a money shift. I've done it twice, both times hard enough to spin the car.

I'd say it is poor maintenance.
__________________
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." -Oscar Wilde.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote