View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 07:52 PM   #10
andee

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (NA)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Not technically, it will. With a stock engine, it will spool plenty fast as well. Smaller turbos are like a light switch- if you want something that comes on as soon you put your foot down, the 2860, 2867, or 2871 will be instant. You will need to wait a moment for a 3076, but it's easier on your engine. Mind you, he's on 100 octant here and running more boost, but the first gear hit is where you can see the real difference. The rest is in tuning. The 3076r can be taken much farther than he's pushing it, the 2867 could probably reach 400whp and be tapped out up top (not the way you want to run the turbo, you need to play in its highest efficiency range if possible)

Here are same car examples (2867 has Ptuning's revised kit, shouldn't be much different)-

oooo okay Im seeing what youre talking about. So I know Im gonna want to build my engine more real soon after I get the turbokit, Im planning on having an e85 kit and a tune with ecutek to maximize power, then gonna try forged internals and potentially drivetrain stuff and see where I can go there. Do you think that the 3076r would be better for my case? or do you still think a smaller one would be more beneficial for where I stand currently?
andee is offline   Reply With Quote