View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 11:10 AM   #4771
GPhilly

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ (Edelbrock SC)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06ZN6 View Post
Is that your idle vacuum, (-)4.4psi? That's about 9 inhg or so. That is way too low and you have a big vaccum leak somewhere like Mike stated already. For comparison, my car pulls 17inhg at idle.
If the issue has been there since day 1 of the install and you did everything else correctly, it may be your intake manifold gaskets under the SC. I will tell you, it is VERY easy to severly damage these gaskets under the weight of the SC and have no idea what you did (ask me how I know). They fall out under gravity when lowering the SC down, they get pulled out of their grooves when shifting the supercharger around to align it, they get cut by the sharp, unbroken edges of the machined groove. Worst of all, they are uninspectable after you bolt the SC down. You might still take a look and see if you can see anything around the runner base. My first set of gaskets had to be scrapped for the reasons above. Thankfully I found it by mistake before first start up because I had to remove the SC for other reasons or I would have been chasing a problem for a long, frustrating time.

Can you replace the gaskets by undoing the bolts, lifting the SC up with a few people, and sliding new gaskets underneath?

I really don't want to disconnect the whole assembly...
GPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote