View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 04:36 PM   #1
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Injector service, what else should I tackle?

Looking for a little advice/insight.

2013 BRZ with ~75k miles, with JRSC for about 1.5 years ~10k. Looking do pull all the injectors and have them sent out for service this summer now that the car is 11 years old. Wow, she's gonna be a teenager soon...

Anyways, in the name of preparedness while I've got the intake manifold off and the car down for a week or two, what else should be serviced/replaced? I've read several places from various car forums/articles the high pressure fuel lines should be replaced, they can be reused but its not recommended due to corrosion.

What else would be a good preventive measure? Forward/both 02 sensor(s)? Fuel pump? Any particular hard-to-reach vacuum or coolant lines that tend to poo the bed by 100k miles? VVT oil control valves?

Other stuff done recently- plugs, valve spring recall, and head/cam carrier gaskets (and coolant as well) were done at 60k in 2021. Last month I replaced the clutch due to a roached TOB, and checked oil pan pickup for stray silicone- there was some but it was minimal. Having the peace of mind was worth it after the valve spring recall but it appears they did a good job. The car has only ever had 91oct or better, (91 is our 93 at altitude). The only other problems I've run into have been a catch-can related vacuum leak throwing a code and replacing cyl 1 coil pack every few years.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote