Old 01-25-2023, 07:53 PM   #5840
PikachuBRZ
waiting on yellow gas

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series.Yellow #247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
No issues with 1050X on a NA engine, but you'll need a tune.

Zero burbles except perhaps on a high rpm WOT upshift.

Are you up to date on maintenance?

https://www.counterspacegarage.com/b...86-subaru-brz/
Probably a little behind on maintenance. Looking to do plugs, coils, timing chain, trans/diff fluids, oil control valve, and accessory belt once it's above 20*F and I'm ok spending that much time outside. I figured the fluidampr would go well with the timing chain and accessory belt replacement and the injectors with the FF swap. I bought the car at 69k and don't have a real service record so I'm not sure how fresh any of those are. I already had to do some work to get the suspension back up to snuff before it was miserable outside all the time and cleaned the TB and MAF.

Current plan is maintenance>wheels and tires>FF+injectors>JRSC+JROC. IDK if ill do timing chain at 80 or wait for 100k. I'm just trying to avoid having to redo things multiple times in the process.

If I get a CSG tune for the FF and injectors then add the JRSC would that be considered a revision or a whole new tune?

oh and could you clarify which IP coils you were referring too?

Last edited by PikachuBRZ; 01-25-2023 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Timing chain not belt. Too many belts on the brain
PikachuBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote