View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 08:08 AM   #29
Dzmitry
Senior Member
 
Dzmitry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Location: Phildalphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 975
Thanks: 2,123
Thanked 609 Times in 391 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires View Post
looks cheap but would probably work ok.


personally not a fan of racks that hang the bike off the top tube and much prefer a tray style one where the wheels are supported.


if you dont want to spend a lot of money on the rack (new ones are now really expensive) try looking for used options
I'm not too familiar with bike racks of the past decade or so as I haven't kept up. But for like 20 years, my dad owned a solid tube style bike rack that held 4 bikes for just about every trip we took it on. And half of the bikes were cheap, heavy, and bulky. That rack handled them like a champ. So in my mind, I've always liked that kind of a rack over the tray style. The tray style has always looked so large in comparison and looks like it brings higher risk to backing it up into something. But again, I'm very unfamiliar with what's out there. My assumption is, if you spend the right money, either rack can be very good. I probably agree that I wouldn't cheap out on something like this. But then again... if it's two light bikes going on a small tube rack like OP posted, I can't really imagine it being a problem.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote