Old 01-05-2023, 08:59 AM   #17
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
We also NEVER park a car for more than a month with E85, they always get 93 before and long-term parking due to the hydrophilic properties and corrosion that accompanies it.
I believe that there is the biggest key. The number of people running flex fuel or E85 for years now has significantly increased in the last decade. There are many who have been on E85 for 5-7 years with no issues. This goes to show that the modern cars, fuel systems, engines, etc. can handle it quite well.

But as you say, it is best to be at least a little cautious. Potential moisture buildup is really the one major and only worry of E85. So the solution is quite simple... don't let your car sit around with it for long periods of times. Fire it up and take it out for a drive. I'm on flex so that makes it easier to switch around, but with any decent mix of E85 in my tank, I've never let the car sit for more than a week or two. Maybe I'm being extra and maybe I'm not. But there's nothing wrong with firing her up and taking her out for a spin as it only brings me more joy. Besides, it's cheap insurance and there's nothing difficult about doing this, so there's no reason to be lazy about it.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote