Old 12-28-2022, 03:08 PM   #9
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCD73 View Post
I am looking at a 2014 BRZ Limited... however, it's got about 155K on it. The Clutch was done at around 106k. Thankfully, this car is a timing chain and not belt.

As far as I know, so far, everything is stock thankfully. So, my questions are...

What should I be looking for with that kind of mileage as far as long-term issues?

Is there anything that is no longer available for this car that could be a potential issue?

I learned the hard way with an 84 RX7 a few years ago, A LOT was no longer available to replace. I know this BRZ is going to be only 9 years old, but... have to ask.
Always tricky to know based on the previous owner. But that's the risk you take with any used car purchase really. You do have to keep an eye out, as many people with this car will bring it back to stock to put it up for sale. So it being previously modified isn't out of the question. But as long as a fool didn't own it, like others have said, proper maintenance keeps this car in good shape like other good vehicles out there. Plenty impressive enough for a cheap sports car. Parts are fairly cheap and there is a wide variety of choices in the aftermarket world if it makes sense to switch over from an old OEM part that needs replacement.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
MCD73 (12-29-2022)