12-25-2022, 09:39 PM
|
#1060
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2022
Drives: WRB BRZ
Location: Australia
Posts: 121
Thanks: 14
Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwice
A few noob questions:
I have a 2017 (MY2018) USDM MT BRZ. I got a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, and as a first step I would like to flash the OFT Stage 1 map (car is stock). I've been reading for a couple weeks now, but the knowledge is very fragmented, so I still have some doubts:
- there are newer stock ROMs available, for MY 2018, 19, 20... are they an update over the 2017 ROM?
- stock ROM is ZA1JK00C. OFT tune seems to have "hacked CalID", meaning that the .bin file mentions ZA1JK00C twice, but also once has the ZA1JK00G, on which it is based on. Is it safe to flash that ROM to my car without any modifications?
- the first post says that ZA1JK00G is the "old logic" ROM - are there features lost because of that (compared to edited ZA1JK00C)?
|
For a 2018 manual just use K00G tunes and definitions that's the base rom no hacks
|
|
|