Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0
Why did you change the spark plugs and MAF? Just rolling the dice in hopes that this would fix the issue? What was the condition of the spark plug terminals? Was there any damage, discoloration, deposits, etc? The question is what changed? It was running fine with the 14psi spring, which, unless you are on E85, is too much boost for the stock block on pump gas and an E-tune. What is your duty cycle on your injectors? You say you were running rich at this boost, but how rich is rich to you because if you are on pump gas, you would need to run pretty rich with pretty poor timing to avoid knock at 14psi.
So the car had hesitation and misfiring and backfiring while accelerating on boost? Did you log these events at all? Are you sure you were actually accelerating? Is it possible your foot was on the pedal, but the failsafes closed the throttle body or cut ignition because of a bad condition, and then you had a backfire? It seems to me like a backfire under WOT boost would be impossible without ignition failure from a bad coil or something, or from a bad injector harness that temporarily lost power. I feel like if it was a fuel pump o-ring seal issue then the problem wouldn't be intermittent. Not using enough o-rings or having it fall apart to the bottom of the basket tends to just make the car unable to run.
You say 1.83 bar; that is absolute bar, right? If so, that is 12 psi (0.83 bar over atmospheric). That seems reasonable if you believed the spring was roughly 14 psi.
Do you have these logs? How lean? How rich?
Do you have antilag?
What is your timing set at?
|
Hi, Here are the logs.
Initial logs post turbo install (RICH):
https://datazap.me/u/kobet7/2016-sub...tion-turbo-kit
Fullblown Rev 1 Tune after informing them of my issues (LEAN):
https://datazap.me/u/kobet7/fullblown-rev-1-tune
I changed spark plugs and MAF sensor in an effort to cure the hesitation which I also thought was tied to the backfiring under boost. The MAF sensor change actually really helped the hesitation and it is basically gone, but the backfiring did not disappear. I had a shop change the spark plugs and they did not note and damage on the coils. The spark plugs that they returned to me were pretty black which indicated the rich condition which probably went on for months.
I do not believe it is the pump because we opened the basket with my tuner present, and the pump was still where it should be, and it currently has two O-rings.
It is definitely a possibility that the car cuts the throttle, but I would think the car would have rich readings following the loss of power which it doesn't. I can only assume the car gets too lean and the fuel doesn't completely burn which makes the popping. When I say "loss of power" it's not like the car starts decelerating, it's more like the car stops accelerating at the rate it was at and accelerates much slower, but you can definitely feel some sort of light wall it feels like its hitting.
I have now changed the WG spring to 7 PSI and the car does not backfire but that is likely because its running at a lower boost while being lean.