Old 11-18-2022, 06:21 AM   #14
Lucky21
vroooooooom

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNAD90 View Post
My curiosity is similar to this comparison, but I'm looking at it from the standpoint of FI cars that have been built well. If you can buy a say a 2105/2016 or up first gen FRS/BRZ with decent mileage, professional FI hardware and tune, and supporting mods for under 30K (there are a couple on the classifieds now), is it a better option?

Styling may be the deciding factor alone for some, but honestly I still like the 1st gen styling as much or more. I'm probably in the minority, but the only angle I really like the 2nd gen significantly better is rear 3/4 view..

Of course the question will always be in the back of my mind, will the engine blow-up or will there be serious drivability issues that you will have to deal with? I don't know, I just know I'm torn for one..
Going FI in first gen can be done affordably and reliably to an extent. What I did was I just utilized the stock fuel pump and injector and maximized it resulting in the 280-300whp power range which is more than enough if you just wanted a bump in power. Retaining the stock fueling system saves you money in parts and the temptation to chase more power.
Lucky21 is offline   Reply With Quote