View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 02:54 PM   #1464
TRS

Drives: 2013' Toyota 86 (EU spec)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Based on my tuft test results the area above the rear diffuser is not pressureized. Some tufts was beeing sucked through the gap between rear fog light and bumper. So the pressure infront of the rear bumper is lower then behind. The idea was to use the exhaust flow as a kind of ventury style suction thing. Dont know If that works or If it is simply caused by the low pressure region of the diffuser which, unfortunately, is connected to the area above the diffuser due to the necessary exhaust cutout.

Anyway, Im planung to close the undertray to a flat floor as far as possible. There will be NACA ducts needed to cool converters, tranny, differential and driveshaft. As well the cutout for the exhaust besides the differential has to stay. There is simply not more room and this is only a 3" pipe. Im planning to go for a 3.5" pipe since I have very high gas velocity in the exhaust. Only thing I will be able to optimize in that area is the opening directly under the differential. This will be closed in a future revision of the diffuser. How exactly is not clear yet. Im considering to weld cooling fins to the lower side of the diff housing which lower edges are flush with the diffuser plane. This, at the same time, could act as an air vent/exit for the NACA inlets upstream in the tunnel.