View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #1932
Conti93
Member
 
Conti93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Drives: '02 Speedster n°586 - '23 GR86
Location: Italy
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostturbo_86 View Post
from what my mechanic told me I do. my understanding is that the car has got the standard catch can that comes with the turbo kit (located in the top right corner next to the battery, see picture attached).

I can get better photos if needed.

ill check the pcv valve and see what's up. What would I be looking for?
oil in valve?
Does anyone have a freaking manual for that catch can?
I have a friend of mine which on an almost new kit is leaking oil on the turbo, and his Avo catch can is routed in a completely different way. I'm not talking LHD vs RHD, ports are connected in different spots, so I wouldn't want it to be connected in the wrong way and pressurize the crankcase which in turn would probably make the turbo leak.
I mean, I could disassemble it and figure out how it works, but it doesn't seem right to have 138 pages of thread without a manual for the catch can.
Maybe @AVOturboworld could chime in?
Conti93 is offline   Reply With Quote