View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
Bergycheese348

Drives: TRD Supercharged 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internals for TRD Supercharger

Hello everyone.

Long story short, I am starting my research for everything I will need for when i boost my engine. Being this is for a specific and rare supercharger and I just had my engine rebuilt (367 days ago i picked it up), I want to make sure I do it right and do not have any issues down the line. The car is my daily as well as my track car (plan on doing more, as now I am in Michigan rather than Minnesota).

The supercharger I will be going with will be the TRD supercharger. Yes, i know it is rare and not many people have built them (only one person that I know of). I have not acquired it yet, but plan on doing so. I am rebuilding it along with a few buddies of mine. We are all in college, ME majors, and some of them have rebuilt motors before. With all of that said, it is time for the nerdy stuff.

As of right now I was told by Zach (CSG) that the upgrades needed would be:

Rods
Valve Springs
Head Studs
Main Studs
Injectors

I was advised to cap myself at about 350whp, as anymore would be risky long term. I would start with about 300whp originally just to get used to the power, and then have a second tune for that 350whp once I am ready for it (this is all running E85, keep in mind). I plan to go further and push more, but I don't have plans on dropping 15k in the engine being a college student as of now (maybe after i graduate i can). With all that said, anything else that would be a good idea, brands for these internals, etc. The TRD is similar to the Harrop, but is supposedly a little more beefy and better cooling capacity (since it was made for race applications).

Thank you for any feedback!
Bergycheese348 is offline   Reply With Quote