Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,459 Times in 6,163 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Went to a car meet this weekend for the first time in several months. I left the group I was with because it was usually high HP muscle car **** sucking over gapping people and this and that. It got old pretty quick and wasn't really what I was interested in. I went with one of the guys from the group that's actually chill and just enjoys driving for what it is. One of the other guys in the group pulls up in a rather beat up AP1 S2000 he was borrowing. First thing he says is it's too slow and the transmission has issues. Me and my friend kinda laugh cuz the S2000 is a pretty enjoyable car and can get squirrely. When he sees my BRZ the first thing out of his mouth is, 'I like the BRZ but it's too slow. I saw one get gapped by a Prius.' Annoyed, I just tell him no he didn't. He then proceeded to insist the Prius is faster than a BRZ/86/FRS. It was a nice reminder as to why I left the group. Of course he drove a Mustang daily and was great at mashing a peddle and nothing more. I'm not sure if I'm getting old and grouchy, or I'm just tired of the new generation, but moving to El Paso has made me despise my car and the groups around here. The amount of negative attention and comments I get are mind boggling.
Go do autocross. It's like a car meet, but with intelligent people. Plus you get to drive through cones as fast as you can.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (10-03-2022), pope (10-05-2022), Teseo (10-03-2022), Ultramaroon (10-04-2022), weederr33 (10-03-2022), x808drifter (10-04-2022)