Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2
Yup those are the port injectors. With such little mileage on your car injectors should be fine. I had 180k on mine before I changed both port and direct injectors. Same goes for your MAF sensor and Fuel pump. Those components should be fine. You don't touch the fuel pump when installing the kit but you do relocate the MAF Senor. You can clean your MAF Sensor with MAF cleaner if you think it's dirty it's a cheap and easy fix.
I would check for vacuum leaks. Go around to each line and re tighten them and worm clamp them if they already aren't. I had the same symptoms. Where during the morning when it was cooler the car ran great, but later on when temperatures increased it ran terrible. I figured it was a vacuum line that shrunk with lower temps and expanded with hotter temps, since all the vacuum lines are rubber.
|
I actually cleaned my MAF sensor recently! Seemed to not make a difference though.
I'll check for vacuum leaks, but how do find the problem? Will one of the lines look visibly different when hot or will I feel air coming out somewhere? I swapped to worm clamps during the install as well as I saw it recommended here on the forums. Also why would I get a Lean code with an air leak and not a Rich code? It doesn't make sense to me that idling triggers this.
It is comforting to hear that someone else has experienced this and I'm not the first one.