View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 11:44 PM   #1
DamoKTC

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for general advice and tip/tricks for a new owner.

Hi All, I received my new 2022 BRZ about 3 or 4 months ago (5000kms) and I am loving it however I just have some general questions. I have come from using an automatic Holden SV6 Commodore (used for 7 years) to this so the transition back to Manual has been challenging and I constantly worry that poor shifting or trying to learn will damage the car long term.

I still struggle with up shifts sometimes as I think I hold the clutch in for too long rather a smooth transition. This results in the car dropping rev and kind of jerking forward. Am I correct in the assessment and what can I do to improve?

I have been trying to learn how to Rev Match and I am struggling but getting better and I assume it will come with time. However, I am struggling to learn how to Heel Toe so has anyone got any tips to learn. I find that during normal driving I cannot get the brake low enough to comfortably blip the throttle and when I do the response isn't immediate.

Any tips and tricks and just general advice for car ownership or recommendations of changes are massively appreciated as I am very new to learning cars but want to be deeply involved with understanding and developing the car and my skills over time.
DamoKTC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamoKTC For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-15-2022)