View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 07:30 PM   #213
g e

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
You can also deal with salespeople IN WRITING.
In fact I have preached to get everything in writing for years.
Without getting it in writing and signed by someone with the authority to authorize sales contracts, you got nothing

Many years ago as a young man, wet behind the ears and keen to buy my first new car, I made a great deal with the VW sales guy. 1985 vw golf, no power steering, no radio. But AC.

Sales guy wrote up the paperwork and said they’d call when the car was delivered in a few days.

I get a call when the car arrived but was concerned when sales guy says there are just a few details we have to hammer out

I pull out the paperwork and see it’s not completed and the numbers as written lead to a far higher othe door price than was discussed.

At the dealership I realized the guy had no intention of honoring the deal. He even suggested I wanted the car so bad I imagined the numbers I was saying he quoted

I demanded to see the manager and I let him have it I was wired up far more tightly then and I was surprised that it worked kind of. Told him I would not work with the ass-hat and would only work directly with him

In the end I did not get the price originally discussed but I did get a number I could live with. They gave me quite a bit of money for my old74 Nova, a rust bucket from Minnesota.

As I was leaving the salesman says’ “well you sonifabitch, you got your price” I wanted to take a poke at him but thought better if it.

A few weeks later a buddy and I were driving Stone Mountain Freeway and saw my old nova, dead on the side of the road. I always wondered if they made that Sonofabitch sales guy drive it as punishment. One can only hope.

A few years later dealership out of business. Not surprising.

Anyway, get it in writing with an authorized signature. Tell them I f any funny business at car pickup and final signatures you will take your business elsewhere
g e is offline   Reply With Quote