Red-86

Drives: 86 (sold), 370Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk View Post
From Forbes:

Japan’s No 1 carmaker is joining forces with small car experts Suzuki and Daihatsu to build a compact sports car.

Expect these three coupes to land in showrooms in 2025, with the as yet unnamed sports cars’ price hovering in the mid $20,000s.
Lol, as much as I wish this was true, it seems very unlikely. If something were to arise from such a collab, it is more likely to end up as a ‘Japan only’ kei car, like the S660. In fact, it would likely end up with a 660ml engine to fit within the kei regs, maybe with a 1L option for those Japanese prepared to pay full price. Almost no chance of such a car being sold outside Japan if it even happens.

If Toyota were really going to make a dedicated new MR2, I think it’s more likely it would be an EV like the styling concept they showed a while ago.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43507/...like-a-new-mr2

But even that is unlikely to ever enter production - it played its role as a styling concept and will soon be forgotten. A shame, because a tiny RWD EV sports coupe that is affordable would be one way to entice me out of my ICE RWD and into an EV instead.
Red-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red-86 For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (10-13-2023), Tcoat (08-08-2022)