View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 04:34 PM   #167
Kamber

Drives: '22 BRZ | '21 Evora GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Don’t know about the other forum but here there are two North America reports one was covered and Inez was not so Toyota stands with a 50% accepted rate.
Dealers are not inherently evil and most of the time will work with people. Part of the issue is that they do indeed get a lot of warranty claims on cars that have been heavily modded or abused so some get a bit gun shy.
There is also that great internet deception of only hearing the horror stories while the good news ones remain silent. Could be a hundred dealers replace engines no questions asked and never know it while the five that weren’t are yelling and screaming all over different sites making it look like a massive issue. That was certainly the case with the recall debacle where when the real data was pulled together the denied repairs were only a small percentage.
I personally would never pay markup anyway. Every person that does validates the practice and just makes it worse.
Absolutely agree with there being a heavy negativity bias skewing what we hear when it comes to these kind of things. I too refuse to pay markup, so it’s a nice consolation that I can order a BRZ now’ish without markup despite having a preference for the Toyota front bumper and grey interior stitching. Otherwise I’d probably be searching for a unicorn of a Toyota dealership for a longgg while to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors7 View Post
Has there been notable BRZ failures with the RTV issue? It seems so far that all the documented RTV related failures worldwide have been on a GR86.
All Toyota so far from what I’ve seen shared online between the US and Japanese markets. The only Subaru engine failures I’ve read of were due to negligence or user-induced and were not linked to RTV clogging. It wil be interesting to see if a bore scope can reach the strainer through the oil pan to check for RTV chunks - if so, we’ll be able to deduce a lot more over time about what manufacture dates were affected. Hopefully it is contained to a small run of cars from a particular period DOM and not a wider spread issue.

Last edited by Kamber; 07-30-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Kamber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-30-2022)