Old 07-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #120
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
The B58 in the new cars is a substantially better engine than the N55 that was in my 135. Toyota did a ton of reliability testing on it and BMW change some things, hence it's lower power rating the first year of release.

But I'd still be weary of owning a modern turbo BMW out of warranty.
Yeah, the B58 is a thing of beauty. It was BMW issues that drove me to my gen 2 BRZ.

I had a '16 435 MSport with MSPK and the Dinan Shockware flash. The N55 in my car was late in production and rock solid. However the car had other issues.

The A/C never worked totally right despite having two TSB's performed on a known problem. The condenser would ice up with long period use in high humidity conditions.

Steering rack was starting to go out. In the F30 car's the entire electric steering system is one single unit... At least 4K+ in parts if you can find them. The whole front of the car has to be disassembled to replace it.

Needless to say I took the positive equity in the car and started hunting for a Gen 2 Twin. Toyota couldn't help me, but Subaru was more than happy to put me in a car, so here we are...
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote