View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #25
gt5759

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReplicant View Post
GRM put out an AR1 / RR / RC1 test today, might be worth a look if you've got a subscription

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...100-tire-test/

I get what you're saying, in my mind the move from JRZ to Xida would (hopefully) be lateral financially, a bit less weight, less to deal with being a 1 way, and a benefit in terms of the experience 949/SuperMiata brings to the table.

The car for sure wouldn't be competitive nationally, but I think I'd be able to run free or at least subsidized tires regionally, which is about as much as I can ask for.

I really think you went the right way with your plan, it'll be a multi class / organization weapon. I probably should have considered the LS route, haha.
Dang, I'm tempted to subscribe to them as I really want to read that article!

I agree, Xida's are good stuff and have great development behind them, if they had a double adjustable I would buy some. I think the car could be very competitive if you go through the full gambit of changes for 5.
Your K swap is an excellent choice for power, I might have gone that direction if the balance shaft issues were sorted, mix matching them or removing never goes well for the secondary harmonics in a inline 4. I deleted the balance shafts on the 2.4L ecotec I put in the miata and it vibrated so bad it broke electronic throttle bodies, cracked manifolds, caused crank trigger pick up issues and cam pick up issues. I chased that for a long time, finally started to get it all under control towards the end but I will never deal with that again. Cost me several races
If it feels like the right direction for you then do it to it! I look forward to see what you choose!
gt5759 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gt5759 For This Useful Post:
RedReplicant (07-21-2022)