Old 07-15-2022, 01:13 AM   #2785
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,981 Times in 16,483 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
It's been one week since Haru's neuter surgery and things have been fairly smooth. But I have to bring him back to the vet tomorrow morning because they, yet again, screwed up with multiple things last week.

* They were supposed to check his paw for an infection or other injury, they didn't.
* They were supposed to give him an allergy shot because he's been battling some allergies lately. They didn't do that.
* They "include" a thorough nail trimming while the dog is under sedation, which I even reminded them I'd like to do since Haru is very sensitive about me clipping his nails no matter what I do. They forgot to do it but didn't tell me.
* The doctor was also supposed to check that Haru's adult teeth all came in correctly and apparently he didn't write any notes about that, so he probably didn't.

So I complained and they said to bring him in tomorrow, but for a day stay because they have to fit him in when the doctor has extra time between appointments.

I don't know how the heck they'll be able to do any of those things without him being sedated. Ever since the beginning, they've always rushed his appointments and been so forceful with him that he's been traumatized about the place. It's so bad that he'll try to bite them at times when they're examining him. He's not like that with anyone else, anywhere (well, except fake bites occasionally when he has a tantrum about going home).

So I'm kinda apprehensive and stressed about it. Last time (before the neuter appt) they got so tired of him they prescribed some kind of anti-anxiety med (like humfrz's prozac) to give him an hour before taking him to anymore appointments. So I'll have to do that.

I really need to just find a more reliable vet. Last time I looked in this area most vets weren't taking new patients since they're all overwhelmed by the pandemic pet adoption boom the past 2 years.
In addition to giving one to your dog - I suggest you take one yourself -
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
spike021 (07-15-2022)