cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
Is the answer diversifying neighborhoods? There’s no way in hell that’s working. I live in a pretty low income already. Some of the properties here and there were subdivided and have multi family housing interspersed throughout the blocks. If you think someone wants improves their property and live next to a driveway with 10 cars w trash in their yard you’re not being realistic.

What reason do I have to improve my home, yard, etc when the other 66% of the street is performing basic survival? Altruism? I want to move to an area my efforts in keeping up w the Jones’ is not unrewarded. I don’t have any solutions that I think the rest of the populace would buy into.

This doesn’t have a simple solution though. There’s a complex number of players in all of this and condensing it all into a rule is an equally complex problem. Rent somewhere cheap and invest. Buy out properties to make a diverse block and let us know how it goes.
That's just shitty neighbors. A diverse neighborhood can work. Though I do think the terrible urban sprawl design in much of the US makes it harder. Fundamentally though, keeping up with the Jones' is a huge part of our problem. If not all of it.
dpfarr (07-06-2022), NoHaveMSG (07-06-2022)