Turdinator
Señor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenframi View Post
This has been covered in many threads, but I have specific questions that I have not found by searching. So here goes. No flaming plz.

Boosting has obvious benefits in power, but the FA20 engine seems prone to issues when boosting—too much anyway.

My question… is it more reliable to focus on N/A gains? There appears to be a lot of mods that can be done to provide reasonable gains. Would it be more stable?

I've read that the "built" engines, unless by extremely reputable shops are often unreliable, however I am curious about DDs not track cars for the purpose of this thread.

For almost the same $$ as boosting, if you did headers, power blocks, throttle control or OFT, and the like couldn't you have solid gains and a measure of reliability?

This is vague, open-ended, and probably naive, but I wanted to get some real info in one thread. Again, flaming me does not add to the conversation. I'm fairly new to the car and learning as I go. So…

Better to boost or build up N/A power?Boost vs N/A - questions
Welcome to the forums OP, as you see above there are lots of opinions.

My questions for you are, what are you looking to spend and what about the stock power delivery don't you like?