View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 11:00 AM   #80
Tatsu333

Drives: 2020 BRZ Sport Tech RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting looking at this thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47263) where Shiv from OFT details the changes made in their (presumably Stage 1) tune to reduce the torque dip back in 2014.

The stock "Normal" tables he references are the equivalent of the "Base" tables in ECUTEK, where the ones used most of the time appear to actually be the "Low Det" tables in ECUTEK (which I believe are called "Safe" in RomRaider/OFT land). The values in my ECU's stock Low Det maps are quite different from the Base maps already, but they're still not quite what he's showing there (or what I'm trying currently).

I also found it interesting that he found the best results from 3200-3800 were with the stock timings for both intake and exhaust. My only concern with flipping back and forth there is the severity of the degree of change, which might contribute to that possible rasp / resonance and/or make it stumble a bit through the transition on the road.

I'll give it a try once I get through my next two tests and see what the results are. If I have to give up a tiny bit of power there for a smoother feel and no rasp / resonance, I think I'd probably go that route.