Old 05-10-2022, 03:27 PM   #33
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,158 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
Well, TruBoost on the GR86 forum says with apparent inside knowledge that Shiv is working on it. Just went to their site and confirmed no "news." I will believe it when I see it - but am hopeful.

Yes, assuming it is a similar situation to Gen1, it will not be conducive to boosted Gen2 cars (of course, there isn't even a boosted Gen2 option yet, so there is that...).

As for adjustment, not sure I see much difference between EcuTek and OFT. Obviously, EcuTek requires you to work with a tuner who then, presumably, uses a dyno to help dial in what are the stock tunes. OFT had guys like Steve and Wayno (and Shiv actually) who did the same thing just working off ECU datalogs. If you want to squeeze every last HP out of it, I could see EcuTek being better. But I do believe OFT provided great value.
Agreed.

Was talking with @tomm.brz who has done all my custom tuning via much data logging back and forth. Shout out since he can also do tunes like steve99.

Found some info he had posted a whole back buried in the forums when I went full catless that allows you to lean out AFR to 15.5:1 or so while cruising around on open loop. Helps with fumes in cabin and in general. The short of it, is that you can only do this correctly with ecutek software.

He will be able to better explain it than me but the just of what I understand is that there are two tables the ECU uses and only one available via OFT to play with compared to both tables on ecutek.

Overall a pretty minor difference, not enough to say you need one more than the other with an NA setup.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote