NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,349 Times in 7,393 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
if things are that bad, why don't you just take 2 weeks of PTO.

the company likely won't survive without you, making up your mind.
That crossed my mind but I know it isn't possible without feeling guilty and it wouldn't get approved anyway. I have been taking days off here and there I just end up with 20 emails when I do on top of what I already wake up to. There is a reason I don't have a ringer on my phone anymore.

What it really comes down to is being employee owned, my retirement is vested in the success of the company. It's all in shares. If I don't see it going well I can get out and they have to pay me out in 10 years and at my age still put in a good chunk of time somewhere else. I want to give it a chance. I had another long call with our GM reiterating on my points and demanding action. It would survive without me, but there are a couple other key guys who are equally unhappy with the GM and if more then one of us bailed they would be in deep shit really quick. I've already been working at keeping the others focused on seeing what can be if they hang in, but there is a point where I think they are going to take another opportunity if it comes along if they are pushed any farther. If we lost say, our production manager, and shop supervisor it would be very rough. At that point for us that are young enough I think it would be a race to get out and get what you can while it is there. The older folks who are within 5-10 years of retirement would be hosed. The downside of being an ESOP.
soundman98 (04-05-2022)