Old 03-02-2022, 03:32 PM   #621
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks View Post
I've been on the lists since October last year at several msrp dealers. Seems like they just haven't gotten any Neptune 6mt base cars unfortunately
Do you have deposit with any? This might be key for Toyota actually allocating that car to the dealer, is my understanding, as it sort of validates a preference request.

But none of that matters when the dealer doesn't get anything at all like they have been - to your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I had a chance to put a deposit on a 6MT Base Neptune with a specific VIN in December at MSRP from a dealership with no "queue".
I passed as I was confident there will be a Premium on the market soon.
I personally know the person who bought that very car, and he only found out about it a couple of weeks after me, not 5 minutes.

I've since been offered multiple other 6MT Base Neptunes at other dealers at MSRP.
I'm convinced that only the Premiums are unicorns.
It's different everywhere, but yeah seems premiums are much less common. In my 400mi radius I'd say its 70/30 base/premium. Even worse is the almost 90/10 AT/MT I'm seeing. I originally thought that it was just MT cars are snapped up and gone, but now I understand that a majority of Toyota dealer sites show all inventory in their pipeline until actually sold. Which means the MTs just aren't there. Hopefully production has been AT front-loaded or something :nervous:
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote