View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 03:01 PM   #619
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Toyota dealers should continue to receive new allocations throughout the year, but most have a queue of people who already put a deposit down. Assuming you get into a queue, unless you get lucky and everyone ahead of you has specific preferences that the dealer keeps missing on (and you are happy with whatever that is) you could end up empty handed for the year.

You'll want to understand from the dealer where in line you might be once you put down a deposit, and maybe even who is asking for what ahead of you. For example, if there are 3 people in line ahead of you that want Neptune, and you're dead set on Neptune, you might not be likely to get the car from that dealer this year considering the very limited number of cars any given dealer will receive. Maybe find another dealer.

If I had any idea how this all worked back in December, I would have put down two or three deposits, each with a dealer in a different region to maximize the likelihood that I'd get my preference matched. It's probably too late to try that now, at least where I am and not wanting to cross half the country/make it a part-time job to find a car.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...r-toyota-deals
I've been on the lists since October last year at several msrp dealers. Seems like they just haven't gotten any Neptune 6mt base cars unfortunately
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote