Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,134 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdizzle View Post
auto is 49 pounds heavier than manual
porsche pdk is 60-ish pounds more than the manual

its not a big difference and the pdk is lightyears ahead of this aisin auto unit in shift speed and logic. the next gear is engaged before you even let go of the paddle.

i drove an lc500 recently ... thinking the aisin 10 speed automatic trans would be as good as a porsche or ferrari, hell even an M3 DCT trans but i was let down. it rips off upshifts and downshift decently at redline. But all the inbetween stuff it falls on its face. full throttle upshifts at 4k (lag). half throttle upshifts at 7k (lag). 2 quick downshifts when cruising at 70 (trans gets confused sometimes give you one, sometimes both downshifts.

the manual trans in the 86/brz is one of the best in the market. as good as cars costing twice as much or more. the auto i guess is about as expected for a 30k car.
why are we comparing a 30k budget/entry sports car with a Porsche pdk? plus whether lc or gr86, these aren't cars meant to beat anyone on paper, so who cares if they shift faster at lower rpms they are still going to be the slowest in class lol..so I would rather take the tradeoff with smooth tc power delivery. either way i'm getting a manual gr86. I had an auto frs for 4 years over 60 k miles and then a 2nd frs for another 6 years over 70 k miles and there's no doubt i've had much more fun with the stick.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (02-09-2022)