View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 12:59 PM   #1
Cmcccall

Drives: BMW
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Track car question

Hello and thanks in advance for your help and input.

Looking at a new GR86 for a track day/HPDE car to learn and develop my skills. It won’t be a daily driver for me. There is a track near me in Texas that offers a membership so have relatively easy access.

I’m curious what mods will be required to the car. At first maybe just coilovers/camber adjustment and perhaps brake pads or brake kit? What about oil/engine cooling? Brake cooling? It’s obviously very hot here in the summer. Trying to evaluate how much I will have to put into the car so that it is reliable and fun. I understand over time I may want some mods that are more about speed but for now what would I need for reliability, consistency and safety on the track?

Also trying to see how much I will have to invest up front. I’ve tried looking at other options and keep coming back to this car. I’m too tall for a Miata with roll bar I believe without some serious mods. I love cars but I’m not a mechanic or that handy so I also do not want or couldn’t handle a project. Thanks for the help!!!
Cmcccall is offline   Reply With Quote