View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 12:43 PM   #1546
sly

Drives: 2016 Cosworth 2.2 BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have just over 70,000 miles on the car and 50,000 miles (80k km) on the supercharger. I have had the smaller pulley installed the entire time and have installed the Crosstrek OEM oil cooler. I also have a Mishimoto oil catch can. These are my only two aftermarket upgrades...

This car is my daily driver and the performance and reliability are perfect. I have driven it in the snow, on long trips and frequent stop an go traffic. For me, this supercharger has performed flawlessly.

For maintenance, I change the oil, air filter, rotate the tires and empty the catch can and replaced the belt once. I also spray off the mass air flow sensor when I do an oil change. The only problem I ever had out of the car was it wouldn't start one time. One of my coolant hoses back near the firewall had slipped down and was resting on the wire which runs to the starter. It had unplugged this wire and so the car wouldn't start. I wire wrapped the coolant hose so it couldn't fall down again and the problem has never reoccurred.

I get around 29-30 mpg real mileage as calculated from the odometer. It's been through 3 sets of tires and these latest are by far the best for me. I run Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. They outperform the Pilot Sport 4S which I had on before this and have lasted much longer... Plus are cheaper.

This car has such an amazingly smooth power band. It's so linear that it feels almost like an electric car. Cosworth did an amazing job and made this car what it was supposed to be. It's just a shame that they don't make them anymore because they really had something here....
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sly For This Useful Post:
botbs (02-04-2022), Brz-123 (07-05-2022), weederr33 (02-03-2022)