View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 01:33 PM   #83048
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,094 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
This morning, had a patron complaining that it's a "bureaucracy" that my work place is closed to the public & how "unethical" I'm not helping this patron. All I told her was, if you wanna pick up the holds that's ready to pick it up, you gotta call the curbside pickup number. Cuz I'm currently in the meeting (came out to grab something from my office) and I'm far from doing that part of the work (or curbside staff aren't near by). So I gave her a 2 options. Option 1: Call the curbside number and get helped by someone instantly or option 2: wait til I get off the meeting (20mins) waiting outside in the cold til I get her materials. She chose to wait... okay~ after the meeting quickly grab her shit and gave it to her. She complained that she had to wait an hr (minds you, I finished the meeting earlier than 20mins). I reminded her that, she could of called the curbside pickup line to get it done quickly. She didn't like that answer.

Of course, I could of contacted the staff who are doing curbside stuff and get this lady help quickly... but didn't think of that plus didn't feel like going extra mile on the lady who cannot read the sign lol