View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #54
jctrujillo7

Drives: Honda Civic 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
My opinion might be different if I had experience driving the MT but as an AT owner I don’t have any regrets.

Bought the car almost 2 years ago as my daily and I still love driving it everyday, I drive it exclusively in the manual mode and whilst it’s not as engaging as a true manual it still gives some of the fun feeling of being able to downshift/ upshift with a fair bit of leniency from the ECU while still having the benefits of an auto transmission when you want to wind the windows up, put it in Drive and cruise

I’ve done all the NA power mods to it and whilst off the line it’s fairly sluggish compared to the manual, I’m still usually accelerating away from most of the other commuters on the road without trying to.

If you want this car exclusively for the track and street then I’d go the manual. But if you plan to daily it and aren’t as fussed then the AT still provides a fun driving experience in addition to AT comfort when you want it.

+ If you have an aftermarket catback you can make the auto fart on shifts which sounds cool. (More of a thump sound than a fart)
Ill take it into account! which mods do you have?
jctrujillo7 is offline   Reply With Quote