View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 02:43 PM   #28
geraldjust
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 316
Thanks: 5
Thanked 261 Times in 123 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Have you guys ever compared TPMS readings with readings from a high-quality traditional gauge? I have a few times and there is often error of two or more PSI. In my experience TPMS is not exactly that useful at the race track.
Hopefully TPMS sensors have become more accurate since I checked them. Or maybe they can be recalibrated somehow. I don't know much about them. But I think it's important to recognize there can be significant inaccuracies in them.
yeah i was worried about that too. but the sensors have a .5psi resolution. i also did a small log comparing temps too. and noticed the psi increases in a linear fashion. Keep in mind that the sensors are Absolute pressure so if your off like by 2psi most likely you might be in a higher elevation point. traditional gauges are relative pressure then absolute.

Edit:
I see your from denver colorado! see there's your problem lol. your around 5.2k feet above sea level lol your getting around 12psi ambient. while were close to sea level we see 14.6psi so that's where your discrepancy comes from.
__________________
Always looking to tinker with something..
geraldjust is offline   Reply With Quote