Old 01-01-2022, 04:45 AM   #39
alex87f
Meow

Drives: GT86, Volvo 996
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZZZZZZZZZZ View Post
I am interested in buying a 2022 BRZ base to replace both my 13 FRS and 09 335d but the seating position is terrible compared to my 13 FRS and previous 14 BRZ. I like to sit quite upright and close-ish to the wheel and find my head has zero room for a helmet (not even enough head room without a helmet) and my right knee hits the column plastic with it all the way up. I figure minimum an inch lower is what I need to consider the car, but I also am not sure what’s going to be involved wiring/warning light defeat wise to change seats and brackets. Also do we know yet eta for aftermarket seat/rail options or whether 1st Gen aftermarket parts are likely to fit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Yes, the 2nd gen is a bit better. I have to slouch a bit less with my helmet on.
Is it me or do we have two different takes on gen 1 vs. gen 2 headroom?

Isn't there a spring mod that can be done like on gen. 1s?

Otherwise, a cheaper way to get Recaro CSs is to look up gen. 3 FL Renault Clio RS used seats from Europe, as they could be fitted with optional Recaro CSs with airbags. However, I have no idea whether the airbag would connect to our wiring harness, whether it would actually help safety in the 86's interior, and whether the seat would bring any headroom improvement.
alex87f is offline   Reply With Quote