View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 01:52 AM   #4122
ForeverCar

Drives: 2022 BRZ and some other cars
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I haven't owned a Porsche GT3/GT4/etc, but I have been to a tech talk by a local shop that specialized on 911 track and full race cars.
What I remember from the talk about suspension is that the "hard" bushings are used on the outboard ends of suspension arms, while inboard bushings are "civilized" (rubber?), specifically for NVM reasons.
Please double-check that before making any potentially costly decisions for your car.

Another thing is that I recently had a chance to drive my competitor's car, equally capable and communicative at the track. He has stiffer spring rates than mine, and yet for street driving his car was a lot more comfortable. To me the choice between "softer spring rates but high NVH" and "stiffer spring rates, but low NVH" is very clear.
Interesting! Now that you’ve shared this perspective, I think I understand how it might work more. I’m realizing that springs are more “low speed” side of things. Where as bushings are more “high speed”. So some strategic softer bushings make sense as an overall system just like high&low speed compression adjustments.
ForeverCar is offline   Reply With Quote