Old 12-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #7
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143218

^Fairly recent posting for the same wheels with TPMS with 1 tire missing. With that in mind and the fact that your tires may be newer (probably should include the date code and thread depth though), I could see one justify an asking price of 2000. 3K is roughly what a pristine set of Volks with tires and sensors go for on the used market.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show....php?p=3323562

^Another one with the wheels only for $800

Like I said it’s not necessarily the price that is high, what made me speak up was claiming these are rare when it took me 5 mins to find 2 listings from the past 2 years on this very forum, and 2 sources to get them straight from Japan brand new (Japanparts and BlackhawkJapan). Your shock/spring FS thread went through something similar.

You mentioned tires and labor charges, so let’s look at that.
$1800 for brand new, JDM, fresh off the boat STI wheels (Japanparts)
$220 for TPMS (Apex race parts)
$860 for PS4S tires (Tire Rack)
$120 for the center caps (Subaru)
$100 for mounting/balancing
That totals $3100.
If you expect to recuperate nearly 100% what went into your used parts you are being very ambitious at best.

It’s in your best interest to price them realistically too, unless you want them collecting dust in your garage for the next 18 months. Trust me, I’ve been there, especially with rare parts that have a small target audience.

See now we're talking Yoshi. This is what I was originally asking for, NUANCE. In all fairness, I know this may not be what people want to hear but my prices aren't set at those outlandish prices and meant to stay. It's typically made with a buffer for when someone inevitably goes, I'd like to buy X for 300 or 500 or whatever less and I'm not actually getting hosed on it by a lowball offer.

That said, I'll put it out there to everyone right now. If someone local in Southern California wants to come get these wheels for 2000 they are theirs. No hassle. Matter of fact Yoshi, I'll try your method and just post the real price and see if people will just accept it or try to shoot me lowball offers like 1200 or something.

By the way, your comment on rarity isn't false. Rather once again, nuance is required. Were these wheels at one time (when I acquired them) rare? Absolutely. Did that go away in 2018 when the BRZ tS arrived here in the states? Largely yes. However, I thought it important to note these were not from a US tS and more so, I'd argue I see more Series.Blue 17 inch wheels than the 18 inch tS ones. Anyway, that's semantics at that point.

Anyway Happy holidays Yoshi! Merry Christmas to you and yours.